Death to the Zune
It seems the Zune is dead. Reports are coming in that MS has killed off the project, or at least killed it off as a standalone device. It looks like most of the technology will be rolled into the Windows 7 Phone (that doesn’t at all sound like an iPhone thing to do).
There was a time when I considered getting a Zune, but after talking with several people the small memory size and lack of content apps made me change my mind. It seemed like a good idea but didn’t have a big enough hook for me.
I thought the Zune HD was a bit of a scam to be honest. Using the HD moniker and justifying it by saying you had HD radio seemed a bit sketchy to me. Maybe others agreed.
I still think there is just too much competition in this market and MS isn’t offering enough bang for the buck. Android is making inroads but I think the MS phone lacks the punch needed to become a real player. The Kin has fallen, now the Zune. I think Windows Phone 7 will ultimately be a technological causality as well.
Other articles of interest:
- Zune HD left out in the cold this holiday season
- Windows Phone 7 gaming sales “disappointing”
- Devs gotta get paid right?
- A billion to launch Windows Phone 7?
- Left 4 Dead and L4D2 on sale for $6.79 or $10.19 for the bundle!
- When did Microsoft lose it’s Mojo?
- Microsoft workers celebrated Windows Phone 7 RTM with iPhone hearses
- Kin and Windows 7 Phone … You’ve doomed us all
- People will stick with XP until the bitter end
- 2.35 million IE9 downloads