Problems with WordPress 3.1 on IIS – Redirect Loop
I was testing a new site with WordPress 3.1 and ran into major problem. I was setting up the new test blog on my IIS server and continually get the error:
"Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."
There seems to be an issue with the Canonical Redirect in WordPress 3.1. This was with a brand new install so it has nothing to with plugins or caching or other upgrade issues. From what I can tell it could be an issue with IIS, although this is something new to 3.1 since I’ve been using IIS since WordPress 2.0 and have never seen this problem before.
I retested this and WordPress 3.0.4 does not exhibit this problem.
I was able to get into the control panel by specifying the complete address (include the wp-admin) portion and navigate around. However, if you haven’t upgraded to WordPress 3.1 and you’re running IIS you would be well advised to hold on before proceeding. At least have a look at these two articles and make sure you get backups.
Other articles of interest:
- The WordPress.com Desktop App
- Write errors with Google XML Sitemap Generator and WordPress
- Search and Replace within WordPress
- How to Password Protect Part of a WordPress Post
- I thought it would be easy
- Turning the tide on the spam bots
- And then there was a catastrophic hard drive failure
- IRemoteDesktop, a nice RDP client
- Windows 7: Network problem after sleep mode
- This is maddening!