Copy files faster with TeraCopy
TeraCopy is a compact program designed to copy and move files at the maximum possible speed, providing the user with a lot of features:
- Copy files faster. TeraCopy uses dynamically adjusted buffers to reduce seek times. Asynchronous copy speeds up file transfer between two physical hard drives.
- Pause and resume file transfers. Pause copy process at any time to free up system resources and continue with a single click.
- Error recovery. In case of copy error, TeraCopy will try several times and in the worse case just skip the file, not terminating the entire transfer.
- Interactive file list. TeraCopy shows failed file transfers and lets you fix the problem and recopy only problem files.
- Shell integration. TeraCopy can completely replace Explorer copy and move functions, allowing you work with files as usual.
- Full Unicode support.
- Windows 7 x64 support.
I’ve been using TeraCopy for over a month now and it has made one hell of a different. Even though it isn’t multithreaded it’s far superior to the copy utility that’s included in Windows. You can pause and restart a copy, you can see the actual throughput of your copy, you can queue up multiple events, it has a much better display of how big the files are in total, size of the current file and how long the process will take. And it’s a free app. Something like this should have been included in Windows itself. If you need to copy a lot of files or you just want to do it better this is the app to get.
Other articles of interest:
- TeraCopy 50% off
- I regret updating to Powerdesk 8
- Index Your Files is Refreshingly Good
- People will stick with XP until the bitter end
- Adding entries to an open Excel spreadsheet during runtime
- The Decline of Windows
- Working with Dual Monitors
- Getting a handle on all those files
- XYplorer Lifetime License Pro
- So it’s time for a paradigm shift in the world of computers