10 Billion Downloads for the App Store
No matter how you look at it, that is a hell of a lot of software! And even if a majority of those transactions were $0.99 that is a tremendous amount of cash. Personally, I think the app store is a fantastic idea. A central location for apps which you know have been screened and won’t screw up your computer really has appeal. I know Windows based set ups like Steam and Impulse are trying to emulate that same feeling, but those are mainly for games. There isn’t quite the same repository for Apps and Utilities.
But still, that’s one heck of a milestone and shows people really wants apps and entertainment on their mobile devices. Judging how quickly that came around, I wonder how long it will take to tick over the next billion…
Other articles of interest:
- AirDisk Pro – Wireless Flash Drive – Free for Easter!
- The Great iPad Purge
- New games for the weekend
- Culling out the old apps
- Multitasking on the iPod Touch and iPad is pointless
- Thanks for Gameloft for all the free games!
- Conquist – Risk style game for iPad on sale for $0.99
- Trying to decide on an Office app for iPad
- World of Goo for $0.99 and the HD version no less
- It’s been 3 years since the first iPad hit the streets