I regret updating to Powerdesk 8
There is something really flakey about this app. I’m not sure if this a bug or some incompatibility with Windows 7, but when I delete folders the listing stays in the window and when I try to delete it again I get a permissions error. The problem is, the folder really was deleted Powerdesk just didn’t update. In the past week or so this has happened dozens of times on two of my machines.
If I close Powerdesk down and then restart it, the folder is magically removed from the list. I just can’t work like this. I’m switching back to Powerdesk 7. But why use a 3rd party file manager at all? Simply put I can’t stand the explorer that comes with Windows. It’s useless to me. I’ve been using Powerdesk for years and love it, but Powerdesk 8 needs to go back in the over and finish cooking, it’s broken all to hell.
I really like Directory Opus as well, but the ridiculously high price and endless nagging made me delete it. You’ve got to be joking by charging $60 for a file manager app for Windows. No thanks, I don’t feel like being ripped off today.
Other articles of interest:
- Avanquest PowerDesk Pro 7 Free Download With Serial
- Copy files faster with TeraCopy
- Cleaning up the system with Fiplab Smart Folder Cleaner
- People will stick with XP until the bitter end
- Working with Dual Monitors
- So it’s time for a paradigm shift in the world of computers
- The Decline of Windows
- A massive undertaking to organize my files
- Out of OneNote and into Notebooks with Scrivner
- Windows Doesn’t Like to Share