Quickoffice Connect Mobile Suite for iPad – Pride Drop to $11.99
The pricing for Quickoffice has been pretty unpredictable since its initial release in June. At one time it was $9.99, then $11.99, then $16, then up to $24, then back down to $19 and now back down to $11.99. If you’re looking for an Office style app then I would act now before the price goes back up. I grabbed Quickoffice right at the end of September and think it’s actually a better choice than Pages. If you get it at this price you get a word processor and spreadsheet tool for about the same cost as the single Apple app.
The file manager is far superior with Quickoffice and navigating documents is much easier to understand. The integration with Dropbox is also much better and cleaner. Now before people get all crazy, keep in mind that heavily formatted documents aren’t going to show up correctly in either app. The iPad doesn’t support all those fonts and the apps can’t really support all those advanced features. It’s a little unrealistic to expect it to handle all that. But what you do get is an app that allows you to create, view or edit Word or Excel documents with ease and store them on your local device or share them through Dropbox. I’ve been quite happy with the feature set and after using both would recommend Quickoffice as the better solution.
I doubt we’ll see this one drop back down to the $9.99 level so now is as good a time as any to pick up a full blown word processor for the iPad. And it looks like a PowerPoint app will be coming down the line in the near future so you will get a full suite of tools for $12. That’s a pretty good deal!
I’ve opened both Word 2003/2007 docs and Excel 2003/2007 spreadsheets without any problem. Don’t expect to handle your company’s payroll and long term finances, but you can certainly write a document and do some calculations. It’s pretty impressive and I think it will only get better over time.
Sale ends Nov 28th, so don’t wait too long.
Gobble up the Savings!
Save over 50% from Regular Retail Price
Hurry – Sale Ends November 28th at Midnight CST
Quickoffice is the essential office productivity tool for your iPad.
Award-winning #1 Business App for iPad in OVER 35 countries!
"Put simply, if your business runs on Microsoft Office, your smartphone needs to run Quickoffice Connect Mobile Suite." – FierceMobileContent
The Global Leader in Mobile Productivity Solutions
*Best of Show Winner – Macworld 2010*
*Top App Awards 2010 – FierceMobileContent*
*Distributed in over 180 countries and over 250 million devices*
*Over 12 years of developing mobile productivity solutions*
Quickoffice Connect™ Mobile Suite for iPad® takes mobile productivity to the next level by redesigning our award-winning office suite from the ground up and customizing our application to create an incredible high-definition iPad experience. With our iPad-enhanced mobile office solution, you will have full control of creating, editing, formatting, accessing and sharing Microsoft® Word documents and Excel spreadsheets. Our Connected Filemanager also enables you to remotely access, transfer, share and manage your files on remote storage service providers including MobileMe, Dropbox, Google® Docs, and Box.net. Get the most out of your iPad with our new and stunning mobile office suite – the best experience ever!
Quickoffice SmartTouch™ – New and Exclusively designed for iPad!
Power Edit Mode – Easily make edits across your entire document or spreadsheet with our Multi-Edit Toolbox. Quickly format text, numbers, paragraphs, backgrounds, and cells without opening and closing multiple menus. Great for power users and beginners alike.
Single Screen Viewing – Experience the easiest and most intuitive way to navigate horizontally and vertically through your folders and files, and conveniently review file information within a single-screen view.
Advanced Touch Control – Enjoy managing your files with our simple–to-use touch, tap, and drag controls in our advanced Connected Filemanager. Scroll in any direction and drag and drop to e-mail, move, copy, and delete files on your iPad or in your remote storage account.
Smooth Page Scrolling – Amazingly cool, single-touch navigation lets you preview page thumbnails and jump to any page in any size document.
With Quickoffice Connect™ Mobile Suite you can:
• Create, Open & Edit Microsoft® Office Files
• Access & View PowerPoint files
• E-mail, View & Access Attachments with Popular File Formats (PPT, PPTX, PDF, iWork, HTML, PNG, JPG, GIF, SVG, TIF, MP3, etc.)
• Remotely Access Files via Remote Storage Providers
• Share Files via E-mail or Remote Storage Providers
• Transfer Files via WiFi or via iTunes® using USB
• Open Attachments in Quickoffice from your native iPad® e-mail client
FREE Updates: Create & Edit PowerPoint files
Quickword® – Advanced Word Document Processing
• Create, Open & Edit Microsoft Word documents
• Multi-Edit Toolbox for fast and convenient edits
• Edit in Page-layout mode, retaining full format print view
• Scroll bar to preview page thumbnails and jump to any page in any size document
• Extensive text formatting; bold, italics, underline, font sizes/styles
• Edit bulleted & numbered lists
• File support: Edit (97-2008) DOC, DOCX, TXT
Quicksheet® – Advanced Excel Spreadsheet Editor
• Create, Open & Edit Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Multi-Edit Toolbox for fast and convenient edits
• Professional-grade calculation engine, over 125 built-in functions
• Formula builder to easily create calculations
• Supports advanced Excel features
• Copy/paste cells, columns, rows, cell ranges & formulas are dynamically updated
• Extensive number, cell, and text formatting; bold, italic, cell background, font color, symbols, wrap text
• File support: (97-2008) XLS, XLSX
Other articles of interest:
- Quickoffice Connect Mobile Suite drops to $9.99
- Quickoffice vs. Notebooks for iPad – Which is Best?
- Trying to decide on an Office app for iPad
- Goodreader for iPad- A must have
- Fileapp Pro vs. Goodreader – Which is Best?
- AirDisk Pro – Wireless Flash Drive
- Microsoft needs to get on the ball and make Office for iPad
- Isn’t it Microsoft who’s playing catch up?
- Wireshare – Document Reader, Multi-Format Video Player, Music Player, Photo Gallery
- Notebooks for iPad – A Review