Microsoft sells a million Kinects in 10 days
Microsoft has sold a million units in just 10 days. That is pretty damn impressive. I had no idea that many people would actually be interested in this goofy device. Microsoft is still firmly convinced they will hit a worldwide target of 5 million units before Xmas. I guess when we look at it from a global scale they probably can hit that target. There are enough wild-eyed gamers out there willing to give it a try.
The Kinect is probably one of Microsoft’s best product starts this year, but can they keep the magic going?
Other articles of interest:
- This is just plain stupid
- 5 million MS Kinect devices by Christmas?
- Windows Phone 7 sales underwhelm
- Will the Kin(ect) be a Hit?
- Project Natal doesn’t thrill me
- Hardcore gamers will buy Kinect?
- Microsoft Kinect ‘core contributor’ goes Google
- Is Microsoft starting to show it’s irrelevance?
- Apple overtakes Microsoft to become the world’s most valuable tech firm
- 200,000 Android’s a day?