Windows Phone 7 sales underwhelm
But don’t worry, they’ll sell 5 million Kinects before Christmas!
The sales appear to be weak in the United States for Microsoft, almost as weak as the Microsoft Kin, which sold a mere 10,000 units. These sales figures do not include the 87,000 units allocated to every Microsoft Employee, or the 25,000 units that Dell will be trading their BlackBerry’s for.
And as far as people claiming this is a supply issue not a lack of interest, do you really think it would have been wise to allot $500 million for advertising and then only have 40K units available for people? That seems, I dunno, stupid?
Other articles of interest:
- 5 million MS Kinect devices by Christmas?
- This is just plain stupid
- Microsoft sells a million Kinects in 10 days
- Devs gotta get paid right?
- 200,000 Android’s a day?
- Kin and Windows 7 Phone … You’ve doomed us all
- Windows Phone 7 gaming sales “disappointing”
- A billion to launch Windows Phone 7?
- Apple overtakes Microsoft to become the world’s most valuable tech firm
- Ballmer claims to be in charge of Microsoft by firing everyone