This is just plain stupid
In a move of confidence, Microsoft’s Kudo Tsunoda expressed his opinion on Kinect sales saying that the webcam-style peripheral will "blow away" the iPad. Speaking in an interview with Gamasutra at the Tokyo Game Show, the Kinect spokesman stated that device is on track to sell millions of units this holiday season.
Just so you know chuckles, you need to sell over 4 million units to catch up with the iPad, and add another 2 million onto that by the time we reach Christmas.
First of all, 6 million people aren’t going to buy the Kinect device, I just don’t see that happening.
Second, the Kinect doesn’t appeal to as broad an audience as the iPad. You don’t already have to own something in order to get benefit from the iPad. For the Kinect, you already need an Xbox 360.
I really don’t see where Microsoft gets off making this comparison. They really have lost their minds. I think the connect will be as big a hit as the Kin.
Other articles of interest:
- 5 million MS Kinect devices by Christmas?
- Microsoft sells a million Kinects in 10 days
- Windows Phone 7 sales underwhelm
- 200,000 Android’s a day?
- Is Microsoft starting to show it’s irrelevance?
- Hardcore gamers will buy Kinect?
- Microsoft Kinect ‘core contributor’ goes Google
- Zune HD left out in the cold this holiday season
- Kin and Windows 7 Phone … You’ve doomed us all
- Project Natal doesn’t thrill me