Product launches go better when you have power
It’s 5am and we’re gathered here today to release a major update and make a whole slew of changes. Of course, things would go a lot better if we had power at our data center. I mean seriously, what the hell kind of data warehouse/ISP loses power? Where is the generator the size of Yugoslavia, that burns on kerosene and bellows thick black smoke into the air that will keep your servers running for days on end?
So we lost power at the data center, got corrupted data, fixed the corrupted data, lost power again, apparently got a Russian surplus generator from the Czech Republic and turned everything back on. By that time the sun was coming up and the launch was scrubbed.
Oh well, sometimes you launch a rocket into space and land on the moon. Sometimes your booster rockets go haywire and burn up on the launch pad. At the least the drive in to work was easy. But seriously, who the hell are these other people are where are they going at 4:30 in the morning?
Other articles of interest:
- Our Minecraft world is erased by Thor’s Hammer!
- A billion to launch Windows Phone 7?
- The truth hurts bitch
- 128GB in the palm of my hand
- Slysoft AnyDVD, CloneDVD 20% off
- Typical day in Minecraft.
- Adding entries to an open Excel spreadsheet during runtime
- Rush at Time Warner Arena
- More GodMode Strings for Windows 7
- Tomorrow is launch day