Will the Kin(ect) be a Hit?
Just saw another article where Microsoft is firmly stating that hard-core gamers are just going to eat this device up. In the same breath they’re also saying it’s for the younger/older/female/family audience. Whoa? Who the hell is this thing for?
Isn’t this marketing scheme the exact same thing that killed the Kin? Microsoft claimed that device was for everyone and then it bombed within weeks (days really) of being launched. MS seems to have the same mentality about this thing. How can it possibly appeal to hard-core gamers, a 7 year old and grandma at the same time? That’s just stupid!
If Microsoft doesn’t actually define and target an audience (with a slew of spectacular games) then this product will follow in the footsteps of the Kin. Hell, it shares half it’s name already…
Other articles of interest:
- Microsoft sells a million Kinects in 10 days
- This is just plain stupid
- Project Natal doesn’t thrill me
- Hardcore gamers will buy Kinect?
- 5 million MS Kinect devices by Christmas?
- Zune HD left out in the cold this holiday season
- Microsoft Kinect ‘core contributor’ goes Google
- Ballmer is asleep at the switch
- Windows 7 crashes when going to Sleep
- 200,000 Android’s a day?