Apple will charge for the iOS4 update for the iPad?
I’m reading rumors that Apple is going to charge for the next update to the iPad. Wow, that’s going to piss some people off. I remember when I got my 2nd Gen iPod Touch and that same week iOS3 came out and Apple wanted to charge me $10 for it. I was furious. I actually held off and then had to send that Touch in to be repaired and ended up getting the 32GB 3rd Gen model because BestBuy messed everything up so badly. I would have been even more pissed off had I just thrown that $10 away.
Now, $5 really isn’t all that much to upgrade an OS, but everyone else got it for free, so it seems wrong to charge the iPad folks
If this does turn out to be real, I sense a backlash coming.
Other articles of interest:
- Seriously, what in the hell is Apple thinking?
- I was hot on the trail of an iPad
- Will the iPad 5 be a step toward a gaming console?
- Do I dare upgrade to iOS 4.3.2?
- The Kindle Fire, long use review
- Why does iOS7 look so damn ugly?
- Be Careful of that iOS6 Update, It’ll Ruin Your Exchange Server
- iOS 7 – Not quite as sassy as the previous versions
- Let’s settle down on the fandom
- Isn’t it Microsoft who’s playing catch up?