Babylonian Twins – Free for today
The FreeAppADay.com App introduces Babylonian Twins as Today’s Featured Free App.
iPhone’s award-winning and critically acclaimed best puzzle platformer….TouchArcade’s top platformer in 2010 gaming guide and PC Magazine’s top 10 iPad games. (www.babyloniantwins.com)
Think The Prince of Persia meets The Lost Vikings with a twist: You control two characters, the twin princes of Babylonian, one at a time and each with different skills, to solve challenging puzzles in a fast-paced action and smooth scrolling in a unique historic atmosphere derived from history texts.
** ALSO CHECK THE iPAD VERSION IN AMAZING HD QUALITY **
Featured on App Store’s "WHAT’S HOT", "NEW & NOTEWORTHY" and "WHAT WE’RE PLAYING" in 85 countries.
Featured on The Independent, Vancouver Sun, AOL News, Wired, Kotaku, Arstechnica and more.
Top 100 paid game in 12 countries including US, UK, Canada, Germany, Italy, France and Australia.
For info, support, tips and feedback, check:
* * * * * * *
WHAT THE CRITICS ARE SAYING
"Certainly a game that will remain on our iPhones and iPads for a long time to come"
– TOUCHARCADE, 4.5/5 Best Game of April 2010
"Offers fantastic head-scratching puzzles that are incredibly satisfying to solve"
-GAMEPRO 4.5/5 – Game of the Week
"Well preserved artefact – resembling a cross between Aladdin and Prince of Persia"
– POCKETGAMER, SILVER AWARD 8/10, Game of the Week
"In terms of level design, Babylonian Twins scores top marks, with some superb challenges that provide a true test of your platforming mettle"
"A fun arcade-type puzzle game that is reminiscent of some great NES puzzlers with some added twists."
– THE PORTABLE GAMER
"An Instant Classic – the storyline, design and overall challenge simply mesh together to make up a game for the ages"
– THEAPPERA, A MUST HAVE
"A Puzzle Platformer That Raises The Bar"
– APPVERSITY, A-AMAZING
"A Long Awaited Beautiful Platformer"
– APPSMILE, 5/5
"A gorgeous, charming platformer with one of the most interesting backstories I’ve ever read"
– CNET, Game of the Week
"A fantastic puzzle platformer, unique two character gameplay, superb look and the feel"
"Provides me with some of the most fun that I have experienced in over a long time"
"One of the best iDevices games of all times, this is way better than many of the big pro companies"
– UK App Store
* * * * *
Support future updates and quality games like this:
– Tell a friend and rate the game on iTunes
– Like the Twins on facebook.com/babyloniantwins and follow them at @cosmosapps
Read about the fascinating history behind the development of the original unreleased Amiga version 17 years ago: www.babyloniantwins.com/background
* * * * * *
Join the twin princes of Babylon, Nasir and Blasir, in their quest to defeat the evil magic of the great sorcerer and restore peace to the city. Use unique tag-team collaborative play and fast spin and drill moves to solve challenging puzzles, find hidden treasures and unlock new levels. Experience a masterpiece of ancient Mesopotamian art like nothing you have seen before.
– Control two characters in a unique tag-team play
– 5 unique worlds to explore including the Tower of Babylon, The Assyrian Place and the Hanging Gardens.
– Over a dozen large & challenging levels with more on the way
– Over half a dozen original traditional music
– Beautiful graphics & historic atmosphere from history texts
– Find hidden treasures and unlock new levels and OpenFeint Achievements
– iPod music support (Play the music and launch the game)
– Compete for best timing through OpenFeint Leaderboards
– Super smooth scrolling
– Responsive touch controls
* * * * * * * * *
Produced by Cosmos Interactive Inc. with the financial participation of Telefilm Canada.
**Please update your rating and review on iTunes and make sure they are visible. Thanks for supporting quality games like this**
– Save points in all levels
– Enhanced controls
– Updated tutorial level
– Updated requirements to unlock bonus levels
– Screen flip
Other articles of interest:
- AFKSoft WordSearch Puzzle for iPhone and iPod Touch
- Kids vs. Zombies – Free in the App Store
- BioDefense: Zombie Outbreak
- Cogs comes to the iPhone
- Pipes by Michael Kerley – Free
- Sword of Fargoal – Free for a limited time!
- iPhone/iPod Touch – Wordulous
- Zombie Infection – Now $0.99
- Alchemize – Free