600,000 iPhone4 orders? That’s just crazy talk!
My buddy was trying order an iPhone when they came out and kept getting a crashed or unusable website. Seems he wasn’t the only one. Apparently orders were off the charts and chaos was everywhere! It’s crazy how Apple is churning out the gold bars these days with their devices. They sell out with the iPad (still don’t have one, still lust after it), they make billions with their app store, and now they crank out half a million orders on the first day. That company is just minting money these days. It’s hard to remember that back in 2001, Apple was struggling and was nearly on the verge of financial disaster when Microsoft paid them a few million to keep them going. Oh my how times have changed. Not taking anything away from Apple, they have certainly been making new products and dominating markets Microsoft has yet to crack. I’m just wondering when Apple is going to make a game console. There seems to be no shortage of games for the iPhone/iPod so the next step in the hardware evolution seems to be a game console.
I’m not all that interested in the iPhone, but I am curious to see what they do for the next rev of the Touch, if there is one. Will Apple phase out the Touch in light of the iPad or will they keep cranking them out for those of us who really don’t want the phone?
Other articles of interest:
- What’s the deal with this iPhone 4G?
- Kin and Windows 7 Phone … You’ve doomed us all
- Apple overtakes Microsoft to become the world’s most valuable tech firm
- Microsoft workers celebrated Windows Phone 7 RTM with iPhone hearses
- Devs gotta get paid right?
- Sometimes Ballmer strikes me as a sad little clown
- 200,000 Android’s a day?
- Damn, the world is changing…
- Zune HD left out in the cold this holiday season
- What’s the point of the Xbox One or Playstation 4?