Apple overtakes Microsoft to become the world’s most valuable tech firm
It almost makes you stop and think that Microsoft isn’t nearly as relevant as they think they are. And to think, a decade ago Microsoft handed over a couple hundred million to Apple to keep them going amidst all the anti-trust and monopoly suits MS had against them. Back then, many people, including myself thought Apple was on the way out. My how times have changed!
As it stands right now Apple is valued at nearly $227 billion compared to Microsoft’s $223 billion.
In the past five years alone Apple’s stock has risen nearly 560% whilst Microsoft’s has risen a mere 4%.
Other articles of interest:
- What would you do with $100 billion?
- Dell wants to be their own company again
- Ballmer claims to be in charge of Microsoft by firing everyone
- Zune HD left out in the cold this holiday season
- Microsoft to acquire Skype for $8.5 billion
- A billion to launch Windows Phone 7?
- They’re calling for his head!
- Does Ballmer need to step down?
- Has Microsoft lost it’s Mojo?
- Sometimes Ballmer strikes me as a sad little clown