Upgrading to Ubuntu 10.04
Ubuntu 10.04 has released so I tried to update my home machine to the newest version. I must have the slowest damn Internet connection! It took nearly four damn hours to download the updates. It would have been faster to grab the ISO image and install from there. Not sure why I didn’t do it that way now that I think about it.
I had to leave the machine running overnight to finish. I wasn’t going to stay up all night watching over it. I will say that I installed a new copy of 10.04 at work and it was done in around 20 minutes. I have to say I like the way Ubuntu looks. I’m still in the tinkering phase but the guys at work use it a lot so I’m hoping to steal their knowledge. I really have problem using it, but get kind of hung up when it comes to extracting and installing some apps. The tarball and scripts get me a little confused.
But I think this is a pretty kick ass update!
Other articles of interest:
- A Netbook, Ubuntu and a USB Drive – Installing Ubuntu from a USB
- Ubuntu in Virtualbox
- Ubuntu goes on smooth and easy
- Star Wars, Ubuntu and Audials One
- The new Ubuntu 13.04 available for download
- Weekend Project – Install Ubuntu
- Ubuntu comes to the phone
- Making progress with Ubuntu
- I’ve reached my limit with Windows 7
- Damn, the world is changing…