Damn! Bad week for MS, the Slate is dead too!
Looks like my idea of Microsoft cozying up to HP to work on the Slate isn’t going to happen. Microsoft has been kicked to the curb and with the acquisition of Palm, HP is more interested in making the webOS the powerhouse behind and future tablets.
HP was very blunt on where it goes from here, saying it plans on "doubling down on webOS," meaning we could very well be looking at a webOS-based tablet in the near future.
Do you get the feeling Microsoft has been left holding the bag here? They have a tablet OS nobody wants. The tablet market is going to keep growing and Microsoft is going to be on the outside looking in.
If Dell gives MS the snub and chooses Google for their tablets then Microsoft will be totally locked out of the market.
So how funny is this, on the day that Apple is releasing their iPad 3G model, both the Courier and the Slate are dead and delayed products. Can you say huge sales day for Apple? There is no way they could have planned this better!
Other articles of interest:
- Microsoft dumps the Courier
- Microsoft vows it will make a tablet this year
- They’re calling for his head!
- Former Microsoft VP Dick Brass weighs in on why Microsoft ‘no longer brings us the future’
- Demo of Windows 7 on HP Slate
- Ballmer is asleep at the switch
- Dell wants to be their own company again
- Zune HD left out in the cold this holiday season
- 200,000 Android’s a day?
- 5 million MS Kinect devices by Christmas?