Some Audiobooks are MIA
They’re both quite good at getting the most common audiobooks but they both have severe limitations in locating short stories and certain titles. For example, they both fail to find "The Purloined Letter", "The Black Cat", "The Monkey’s Paw", "The Pit and the Pendulum", and "The Works of Edgar Allan Poe, Raven Edition, Volume 2". Other titles like "Fanny Hill" also fail to come up, even though all these titles are easily found on the Librivox web site. Strangely both apps require a Internet connection in order to do a search for a book, but alas, the search doesn’t seem to be all that extensive.
Very disappointing it can’t locate these titles.
Other articles of interest:
- iPod apps for Librivox
- For a very limited time, Voice Dream Reader – Text to Speech is on sale for $4.99 – 50% discount
- My best apps and games so far
- Culling out the old apps
- Massive Labor Day Sales in the iTunes App Store
- All Your Phryne Fisher Are Belong To Us
- Which Apps Are Threatened by Apple’s Upgrades?
- Ambience By Urban Apps – A very nice way to relax and get some peace
- AFKSoft WordSearch Puzzle for iPhone and iPod Touch
- Sherlock Holmes Collection $0.99 for the iPod