Internet Explorer 9 – New and Improved, but still slow
Last I read, there were still a few thousand major sites that weren’t compatible with IE8, so how much of the web is Microsoft going to break with IE9? How many of those stupid IE6 hacks, that everyone has in place, will cause pages to stop working correctly? And will Microsoft actually do the right thing and force and upgrade to IE8 or IE9 this year? I don’t use IE anymore, I gave up on it years ago, but it seems to me that Microsoft needs to carte blanche upgrade everyone to IE8 whether they like it or not. Of course, I bet MS won’t do the right thing and this new version won’t load on XP and you’ll be forced to upgrade to Win7 (my personal nemesis) if you want to use it.
I’m still waiting for a plausible justification for anyone keeping IE6 around.
Just as I predicted, IE9 not scheduled to run on Windows XP
Other articles of interest:
- How to get rid of IE6, the easy way
- Damn you IE!
- Ballmer claims to be in charge of Microsoft by firing everyone
- Sometimes Ballmer strikes me as a sad little clown
- Who still cares about Internet Explorer?
- Microsoft wants to get back into gaming
- They’re calling for his head!
- 5 million MS Kinect devices by Christmas?
- Apple overtakes Microsoft to become the world’s most valuable tech firm
- Dell wants to be their own company again