What is the big deal with the Windows 7 GodMode?
Seriously, what is the big deal with this new "feature"? I’m sure you’ve seen all the articles touting this new and astounding feature that you unveil by creating a folder with a super secret name. And then, once you go into this mystical folder you get wondrous and amazing powers. Or you might just get a listing of everything in Control Panel as a list rather than the stupid category breakdown you normally see.
I created the folder and yes, having the Control Panel as a list is very handy and useful. But GodMode? Please. This is such a basic idea I can’t understand why Microsoft just didn’t make it one of the standard views.
GodMode worthy? No.
Other articles of interest:
- More GodMode Strings for Windows 7
- A Custom Keyword to Verify a List of Product Categories
- Windows Doesn’t Like to Share
- Ballmer admits Vista is Poop
- PCDecrapifier to help clean out your system
- An interesting dashboard app called Freeter
- Windows 7 crashes when going to Sleep
- A Year of Windows 7
- I’ve reached my limit with Windows 7
- Setting up Environment Profiles in Katalon Studio