Zune HD left out in the cold this holiday season
Wow, check out this press on the Zune getting it’s ass kicked this holiday season. The Microsoft device didn’t even come close to the sales figures of the iPod Touch. I’m not an Apple fanboy by any means, I just think it’s pretty amusing that Microsoft fell flat on their face with the Zune (again). All their nonsensical hype about it’s HD features failed to even compete with the well rounded features of the iPod Touch. The Touch is the new gaming platform for 2010 and Microsoft doesn’t even know where to start.
So, it comes as no surprise to see the Zune HD languishing at the bottom of the charts, with the iPod Touch a far more desired and desirable device.
Unless Microsoft can really deliver with Windows Mobile 7 and blow us all out of the water, the tablet market Microsoft has tried so hard for years to ignite will explode into a massive bonfire for Google and Apple, leaving Microsoft with a few smoldering embers.
The Zune HD has been completely owned by the Apple iPod over the holiday season, being outsold at every turn. The question now is what Microsoft should do – settle for second best and carry on regardless, or call it a day? If it decides to persevere then what can it do to begin to compete with Apple’s behemoth?
Other articles of interest:
- Death to the Zune
- This is just plain stupid
- Apple overtakes Microsoft to become the world’s most valuable tech firm
- When did Microsoft lose it’s Mojo?
- 200,000 Android’s a day?
- Here comes the Apple Live Event
- 600,000 iPhone4 orders? That’s just crazy talk!
- Microsoft dumps the Courier
- Devs gotta get paid right?
- Microsoft workers celebrated Windows Phone 7 RTM with iPhone hearses