Stalled on the launchpad
You won’t believe this one. It’s 6am, still dark outside and we’re preparing to bring everything down and patch it like we mean it. Right when the databases come down, we lose connectivity to everything. We can’t move forward, we can’t roll back.
The hilarity and choas that ensued was priceless.
I’m sure some chucklehead plugged in a vacuum and turned off a server in the process. Nothing like a well oiled machine!
Two hours late but we’re back up and running, of course it’s all dog slow…
Other articles of interest:
- This is maddening!
- And then there was a catastrophic hard drive failure
- Say Hello to Pepino Grande!!
- Wicked Slowness
- Windows 7: Network problem after sleep mode
- New update for Ask the Tiki
- Dell wants to be their own company again
- Our Minecraft world is erased by Thor’s Hammer!
- Exchange 2010, you confuse me
- Problems with WordPress 3.1 on IIS – Redirect Loop