iPod – Upgrading to 3.0
If you’re looking to upgrade to the OS 3.0 for the iPod this might be of some interest. If you got the iPhone the 3.0 upgrade is free. Since you are being gouged in every other way, throwing you a $10 bone is Apple’s way of saying thanks. However, for iPod Touch users this same upgrade costs $10. Gee, thanks for nothing guys.
However, if you combine the power of these two articles it’s actually quite simple to download the OS update, install it and bypass the $10 fee.
What you do with this information is up to you, but remember, use your powers for good! 🙂
More than likely you will want go with these steps:
1. On the iTunes main screen, there should be 2 options: “Check for update” and “Restore”. Click on Check for update.
2. A web page showing the iPod Touch OS firmware 3.0 features and offering option to buy for $9.99 will be loaded and shown. Click on Cancel.
3. iTunes will return to the previous iPod Touch main page. However, the “Check for update” option has now been change to “Update.
4. In Windows environment, press and hold Shift key and left click Update.
In Mac OS X system, press and hold Option key and left click Update.
Other articles of interest:
- So here’s what Apple is offering
- Some interesting new gizmos from the Apple Event
- Preview the App Store in a browser
- iTunes 9 and OS 3.1
- Sherlock Holmes Collection $0.99 for the iPod
- iPod Touch with camera and microphone
- Upgrade, Upgrade, Upgrade!
- So what happens tomorrow?
- Weekend Upgrades
- iPod Touch already on sale in the Apple Store