Live from the couch!
The Inspiron is coming along nicely. I used PC Decrapifier to get rid of all the rubbish that came installed with the machine. Surprisingly it went pretty quickly. I laughed at the scare tactics used by Trend Micro to keep you from installing their complete piece of crap program. With that now behind me it’s time to get to the good stuff like Flock, Notepad++ and Office 2003. Just like my other machine I’ve decided to skip over 2007 and keep 2003 since it’s smaller and faster.
This machine is nice and fast with programs starting up without delay. I’m going to try and keep this rig as lean as possible. I think I’ll only install Internet and Blogging tools and not clog it down with wild graphics apps, games or random utilities.
Well, I am going to install one game … Diablo II. I plan to get some gaming in tomorrow.
It’s looking pretty good so far!
Other articles of interest:
- Upgrading to Ubuntu 10.04
- People will stick with XP until the bitter end
- A Netbook, Ubuntu and a USB Drive – Installing Ubuntu from a USB
- A Clean Slate
- Launching the Shuttle SH67H3
- Windows 7 continues to disappoint
- It’s time for some Fall cleanup
- Windows 7 running on a MacBook Pro in VirtualBox – The Ultimate Sin
- Ubuntu goes on smooth and easy
- How to play Blu-Ray discs with VLC Media Player